The Jurupa Road Grade Separation Project
This project will construct a new, four-lane underpass on Jurupa Road under Van Buren Boulevard and the Union Pacific Railroad bridge. The underpass will improve safety and traffic circulation by separating train traffic from vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. It will also improve the quality of life for Jurupa Valley residents by eliminating waiting for trains, train whistles and pollution from idling vehicles.
JURUPA ROAD LONG-TERM CLOSURE
Remains in place until Summer 2023
BEHIND THE K-RAIL
Check out the latest job site photos.
- Jurupa Road remains closed east and west of Van Buren Boulevard.
- Jurupa Detour Road is available for traffic.
- Van Buren Boulevard will be open in both directions.
- Business access remains open on Jurupa Road and Felspar Street.
- Trucks must use Rutile St.
The closure is necessary to build the new Jurupa Road underpass. Jurupa Road is expected to reopen in Summer 2023.